FSG STUDIO SAFETY RULES
1. Fasten back long hair.
2. Remove dangling earrings and necklaces.
3. Remove rings that could catch in machinery.
4. Do not wear polyester clothing that could melt on skin.
5. Wear closed toe shoes.
6. Wear long pants.
7. Wear safety goggles when you use machines or chemicals.
8. Wear a mask whenever you are:
a. sifting enamels.
b. creating dust by sanding, buffing and polishing by machine.
9. Wear ear plugs when you are hammering and forging.
10. Keep a bucket with soaking wet towels at each soldering station. Use them for smothering hair or clothes on fire.
11. Keep the fire extinguishers at the soldering stations. If you do not know how to operate one, watch the tutorial video on About.com First Aid.
12. Secure the gas tanks so they cannot be knocked over.
13. Keep eye wash near the pickle pots and any other station where chemicals are being used.
14. Keep a well- stocked first aid kit close by.
15. Never work alone.
16. If you are a novice, tell the instructor and the safety monitor.
17. Follow the instructions of the workshop safety monitor.
18. If you are pregnant, get permission and advice from your doctor before handling chemicals.
19. If there is an injury, send a completed injury report to Gail Thayer at FSG.firstname.lastname@example.org. If you do not have an injury report form, you can print it here: AccidentReport.
20. Keep a cell phone close by in case you need to call 911.